My research interests includes multidimensional signal and image processing (especially high dimensional data), machine learning, kernel methods and data fusion with application to remote sensing and landscape ecology.
- 2015-2016: TOSCA Projet CES OSO. Funded by the CNES, it concerns the definition and the implementation of operational processing chain to derive products of land cover and land used at the national scale. This project is led by Jordi Inglada.
- 2015-2018: MUESLI Project (MUltiscale mapping of Ecosystem Services by very high spatial resolution hyperspectraL and LiDAR remote sensing Imagery). Funded by the Toulouse University, which provides 220 k€ financial support to this 3-years.
- 2013-2017: ANR ASTERIX. Funded by the ANR (French National Research Agency) in the program JCJC (Young Researchers), which provides a 275 k€ financial support to this 4-year initiative (2013-2017). This project is led by Sébastien Lefèvre.
- 2013-2014: AMOR (Analyse d’iMages de télédétection à grande dimension tempORelle). Funded by the GDR ISIS. In collaboration with R. Flamary, S. Valero-Valbuena and M. Dalla Mura.
- 2013-2016: ANISETTE (ANalyse fonctionnelle d’Images à grande dimension SpEcTrale et TemporellE : application à la caractérisation des éléments semi-naturels en écologie du paysage). Co funded by the CNES and the Midi-Pyrénées region . In collaboration with M. Goulard from the DYNAFOR lab and F. Ferraty and P. Vieu from the IMT.
- 2012-2013: CARNAGE (CARactérisation d’éléments semi-NAturels dans les images satellitaires pléiades pour la Gestion de l’Environnement), project supported by the INP Toulouse. In collaboration with M. Goulard from the DYNAFOR lab and F. Ferraty and P. Vieu from the IMT.
- 2011-2012: SMI - INP Toulouse. Visiting scholar at the University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Since 2016, member of the GRSS Chapter Committee. Responsable of the European coordination.
- President of the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society French Chapter (2013-2016), with Mauro Dalla Mura (secretary) and Emmanuel Trouvé (treasurer).
- Since December 2015, I have joined the editorial board of the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing as an Associate Editor.
Awards and distinction
- 2015, INP INNOV award for scientific insights for the MUESLI project.
- 2012, Best reviewer award, IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
2013, Recipient of the IEEE GRSS 2013 Transactions Prize Paper Award for the paper:
“Spectral and Spatial Classification of Hyperspectral Data Using SVMs and Morphological Profile” M. Fauvel, J. A. Benediktsson, J. Chanussot and J. R. Sveinsson IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 46, n° 11, pages 3804-3814, November, 2008.
I am serving as a reviewer for the:
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters
- IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- ELSEVIER Signal Processing
- ELSEVIER Pattern Recognition Letters
- ELSEVIER Information Fusion
- ELSEVIER Computers & Geosciences
- IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing
- IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium
- IEEE International Workshop on Machine Learning and Signal Processing
- European Signal Processing Conference
- Colloque GRETSI
- Technical Committee Member, IEEE Workshop on the Analysis of Multitemporal Remote Sensing Images, 2015, Annecy, France
- Technical Committee Member, IEEE Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolutions in Remote Sensing, 2009, Grenoble, France
- Audrey Choné, CES THEIA “Operational Land Cover”, 2016.
- Fabio Nor-guttler, Detection of the Flavescence dorée grapevine disease by hyperspectral imagery Spectral signatures analysis and development of a specific vegetation index, 2016.
- Vincent Thierion, Multiscale Mapping of Ecosystem Services by Very High Spatial Resolution Hyperspectral and Lidar Remote Sensing Imagery, 2016.
- Josselyn Aval, Towards an automatic mapping of heritage trees in urban area. Supervisors: Xavier Briotet and Emmanuel Zenou. Co-supervisors: Sophie Fabre, Mathieu Fauvel and David Sheeren (2015-2018).
- Maïlys Lopes, /Remote Sensing in landscape ecology: statistics in high dimension for spatial multiresolution and the high temporal resolution/, Supervisors: Mathieu Fauvel and Stéphane Girard (2014-2017).
- Anthony Zullo, Functional analysis of high dimensional remote sensing images: application to the charaterization of semi-natural objects in landscape ecology. Supervisors: Frédéric Ferraty and Mathieu Fauvel (2013-2016).
- Pedram Ghamisi, Spectral and Spatial Techniques for the Classification of Hyperspectral Images. Supervisors: Jon Atli Benediktsson, Jocelyn Chanussot and Mathieu Fauvel (2012-2015).
- Adrien Lagrange, Operational feature selection in Gaussian mixtures models, 2016.
- Donatien Dallery, Grasslands monitoring using satellite image time series, effect of ages and practices on the spectral profile, 2016.
- Veliborka Josipovic, Analysis of Forest using satellite image time series, 2015.
- Marc Lang, Grass land analysis with satellite image time series, 2015.
- Clement Deschene, Feature extraction in hyperspectral images analysis, 2014.
- Anthony Zullo, Hyperspectral images analysis with functional statistics, 2013.
- Benoit Arbelot, Detection of hedges in a rural landscape using a local orientation feature: from linear opening to path opening , 2012.
- Quentin Labourey, Road extraction in a dense urban area on multi-modal data, 2012.
- Fanny Collard, Hedge detection with stereoscopic VHR images, 2011.
- Sergi Mercade, Hyperspectral Images Classification for Urban Area Characterization, 2008.
- Alberto Villa, Gradient Optimization for SVM hyperparameters, 2007.